Magnifying the Universe
Solar terrestrial data
Total unique hits
- 1,714,578 hits since October 2006
GOLD 24 hour (http://www.kitco.com)
silver 24 hour (http://www.kitco.com)
- Shadow People: Attacks On Humans Increasing
- Freemen of the Land: A Barrister Writes
- The Frankfurt School and "political correctness": Conspiracy to Corrupt
- If we can be 'transgender', why can't we be 'transracial'?
- Council Tax and the Law
- Living without the state in Britain today: The case of the Irish Travellers
- At last, a comprehensive report on Fake Charities...
- Sean Gabb on Neville Chamberlain and Two Stupid Wars
- Shooting skills, young boys, and prostitutes. Learning to shoot, and defending the Free World against wankers, socialists and "extremists".
- Being arrested is no small matter in England any more
- This Blog Has Now Moved
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Fourth Notice
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Third Notice
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Second Notice
- Blogging: everyone’s a critic (not)
- How the Czechs Deal with “Anti-Social Behaviour”
- “Roger” Comments on Leaving the European Union
- Announcement: Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving to New Address
- Announcement: Keir Martland
- Genetic Codes: Private Property Versus Public Goods
Category Archives: Liberty
From today, all new posts to this blog will be made on our new site – http://thelibertarianalliance.com/ Comments should now be open to all.
From the close of business on Friday the 5th September 2014, no further comments can be posted to this site. All posts and comments up to that date will be copied across to the new site. In due course, all posts will be indexed with a new set of categories.
Now, does anyone know how I can centre the horizontal menu bar on the new site? My CSS skills are being taxed to the limit.
If you are one of our regulars, I strongly advise you to visit and familiarise yourself with our new Blog – http://thelibertarianalliance.com. Though it is very different in appearance, it is much better than the old one. But you will need to get used to it. Since we are inclined to have the switchover this coming Friday, you should be looking now.
I have put a test post on the new Blog – “Welcome to the Kevin Carson Centre for Puritan Studies” You are welcome to leave test comments on this, and to report back any problems you have. For the moment, you will need to register to leave comments. This restriction may come off once the Blog goes live – or, if all our regulars register, we may leave it on to discourage spammers.
Please DO NOT leave comments anywhere else on the new Blog. If you do, you will commit an offence against all my notions of intellectual order. Also, please DO NOT leave comments on the pages that are linked to at the top left. Sooner or later, I shall find how to turn off comments there, and I don’t welcome any in the meantime. You may, however, make any comments and suggestions you please. We may take them into consideration.
Blogging: everyone’s a critic (not) Journalism – and especially political journalism – is about criticism. The meat and drink of the oeuvre is taking people, governments or other institutions to task, either for not doing things, for doing things, or doing them badly.
If they do things well, they are largely ignored. A functioning system doesn’t make headlines (although it might if we ever had a government IT system that worked). By its very nature, the media concentrates on “bad” news, and on criticism rather than plaudits. Continue reading
Transferred from Comments to main posting. SIG
I have long been sceptical of UKIP’s commitment to a referendum. Suppose the Conservative Party scrapes its way back into office in 2015, gives us a referendum in 2017, and the British people vote to leave. What then? We will be outside of the European Union, but that won’t mean much if we have the same parasitical class of authoritarian social-democrats ruling over us. We will still have the Human Rights Act, the Equality Act, the Communications Act and a vast range of other laws codifying political correctness as state ideology. The Proposed New Independent School Standards came from our own ruling class, not from the marauders of Brussels and Strasbourg. People like Michael Gove and David Cameron are the ones who support the ideological encroachment of the state into private education, and their efforts would persist regardless of our formal relationship with the European Union. There are other EU countries which have no such problem and are not being forced by Brussels to clamp down on true independent schooling. Continue reading
We are in the process of moving our Blog here:
It may take another week to get to get things right. There is still work to be done on the indexing and the colours and the general information pages. Until then, the new Blog remains closed to comments, and the posts and comments go only to the end of July. In due course, however, this Blog will be closed to new comments, but will remain standing for the foreseeable future. When the new Blog goes live, our people will be able to post and and comment as before.
The advantages of the new Blog are as follows:
1. It has a proper domain;
2. It is much easier for us to configure;
3. It is much easier for everyone to search;
4. It will look much better;
5. It will allow us eventually to incorporate the vast archive of Libertarian Alliance publications from www.libertarian.co.uk
We began this Blog at the end of 2005. We had no strategic purpose, but thought we should do something to take note of the blogging craze. Since then, it has become one of the largest and most popular libertarian blogs. It has more than 6,000 posts and 30,000 comments – some of these latter as long as and more interesting than the original posts. It makes sense that we should now take it seriously, and even that we should allow it to swallow up what we long believed was our main website.
We will make a further announcement closer to the switchover. In the meantime, please add the new Blog to your RSS feeds and click on the Follow button.
We are delighted to announce that Keir Martland has consented to join the Committee of the Libertarian Alliance as Director of Youth Affairs. He is and will be a most distinguished addition to our Team.