Emma Goldman is often depicted in current academic discourse as a mere prototypical feminist and socialist. Yet this collection of essays by Goldman reveals that she often expressed ideas which many of her present day admirers might find surprising and unsettling. She distrusted the proletariat, wrote disdainfully of the early feminists who were her contemporaries, and even expressed scepticism of women’s suffrage. Goldman was an admirer of Nietzsche and in many ways represents a model of a superior individual who is capable of rising above the herd instincts of the masses and embracing confrontation with danger. She never hesitated to countenance both the ire of public authorities and the scorn of public opinion. As contemporary anarchists have fallen into the mundane habit of politically correct conformity, a full examination of Goldman’s thought suggests the need for a new anarchism that reflects the martial spirit of which Goldman was an exemplary.
Magnifying the Universe
Solar terrestrial data
Total unique hits
- 1,714,934 hits since October 2006
GOLD 24 hour (http://www.kitco.com)
silver 24 hour (http://www.kitco.com)
- Shadow People: Attacks On Humans Increasing
- The Frankfurt School and "political correctness": Conspiracy to Corrupt
- Freemen of the Land: A Barrister Writes
- If we can be 'transgender', why can't we be 'transracial'?
- Being arrested is no small matter in England any more
- Living without the state in Britain today: The case of the Irish Travellers
- Media: the 1940 shelter scandal
- Council Tax and the Law
- Shooting skills, young boys, and prostitutes. Learning to shoot, and defending the Free World against wankers, socialists and "extremists".
- I think that few of us spotted this one coming. EU reintroduces death penalty via LISBON "in the case of war, riots, upheaval"
- This Blog Has Now Moved
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Fourth Notice
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Third Notice
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Second Notice
- Blogging: everyone’s a critic (not)
- How the Czechs Deal with “Anti-Social Behaviour”
- “Roger” Comments on Leaving the European Union
- Announcement: Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving to New Address
- Announcement: Keir Martland
- Genetic Codes: Private Property Versus Public Goods