>> Monday, December 28, 2009
I’ve become increasingly convinced that the BBC is part of an international conspiracy about ‘climate change’. It isn’t simply that the reporting is so biased; it’s also because there seems to be a concerted effort to make sure that whatever so-called sceptics discover, for example over Climategate, the warmists bounce straight back with a new set of warped theories or bent facts to support their arguments. The feed of material is relentless, as if it is coming from an organised source. Over the holidays, I’ve been doing some digging on this, and I wanted to share one of my first findings.
A BBC journalist called Peter Thomson is not a household name in this country, but he’s the environment editor of the BBC programme (made jointly with WGBH Boston and RPI) The World, which on a daily basis pushes out climate scare stories to millions of people. Mr Thomson, it turns out, is also the secretary of the Society of Environmental Journalists, a US organisation, the main purpose of which is to spread alarmism through a ‘guide’ about ‘climate change'(masked of course, under the cloak of ‘objectivity’). There can be no doubt that this is a campaigining organisation which wants to achieve political change because it believes that the world needs to reduce CO2 emissions.
Mr Thomson’s activism does not stop there. He’s also a member of the advisory board of the Metcalf Institute for Marine and Environmental Reporting, yet another international organisation with alarmist goals. It, too, publishes a guide to how journalists should cover ‘climate change'; in truly chilling McCarthyite terms, the introduction explains how anyone who disagrees with “the consensus” should be ignored and that journalists should frantically pester editors to publish ‘climate change’ scare stories.
So, to recap. One of the BBC’s most senior editors responsible for environmental reporting has formal roles at the epicentre of a worldwide coinspiracy among ‘climate change’ alarmists. Not only that, he is assisting in the international propagation of so-called science communication guides, the main purpose of which are to enlist other journalists to spread the same lies in which he also believes. I suspect there’s a whole phalanx of Peter Thomsons, all feeding the BBC’s insatiable appetite to feed us with moonshine.
Update: Richard North, of EU Referendum, has kindly provided further information about BBC propagandists. Nik Gowing, a prominent – and rather humourless – BBC World Service presenter, has a no-doubt lucrative sideline in chairing ‘climate change’ conferences convened by the alarmist-in-chief, IPCC head Dr Ravendra Pachauri.
Magnifying the Universe
Solar terrestrial data
Total unique hits
- 1,708,623 hits since October 2006
GOLD 24 hour (http://www.kitco.com)
silver 24 hour (http://www.kitco.com)
- Shadow People: Attacks On Humans Increasing
- The Frankfurt School and "political correctness": Conspiracy to Corrupt
- Freemen of the Land: A Barrister Writes
- At last, a comprehensive report on Fake Charities...
- If we can be 'transgender', why can't we be 'transracial'?
- Council Tax and the Law
- Keith Preston on The New Totalitarianism
- Redeeming the Industrial Revolution
- The Marxian Theory of Exploitation: A Critique
- Rolf Harris – Beyond Reasonable Doubt? 2 Attachments
- This Blog Has Now Moved
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Fourth Notice
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Third Notice
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Second Notice
- Blogging: everyone’s a critic (not)
- How the Czechs Deal with “Anti-Social Behaviour”
- “Roger” Comments on Leaving the European Union
- Announcement: Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving to New Address
- Announcement: Keir Martland
- Genetic Codes: Private Property Versus Public Goods