Magnifying the Universe
Solar terrestrial data
Total unique hits
- 1,621,697 hits since October 2006
GOLD 24 hour (http://www.kitco.com)
silver 24 hour (http://www.kitco.com)
- Shadow People: Attacks On Humans Increasing
- Freemen of the Land: A Barrister Writes
- Council Tax and the Law
- The Marxian Theory of Exploitation: A Critique
- Biography of Marcus Junius Brutus
- The Frankfurt School and "political correctness": Conspiracy to Corrupt
- Advice Wanted on External USB Sound Card for Voice and General Recording
- Libertarian Racists?
- A Leftist Critique of Political Correctness
- Should our law be made by judges?
- This Blog Has Now Moved
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Fourth Notice
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Third Notice
- Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving – Second Notice
- Blogging: everyone’s a critic (not)
- How the Czechs Deal with “Anti-Social Behaviour”
- “Roger” Comments on Leaving the European Union
- Announcement: Libertarian Alliance Blog Moving to New Address
- Announcement: Keir Martland
- Genetic Codes: Private Property Versus Public Goods
Daily Archives: 24 January, 2013Image
Beethoven Haus Bonn Public Domain
Three G’s and an E-flat, or Why Beethoven Rules!
By Richard Girard
Three G’s and an E-flat. Bom-bom-bom-Bomb! The Morse Code three dots and a dash for “V,” and “V” is for victory. Fate knocking on the door.
All of these descriptions have been used to describe the first four notes of Ludwig van Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony. And all of them are completely inadequate to describe the power and majesty of this orchestral masterpiece; or any of Beethoven’s other voluminous folio of work. Continue reading